KKCG and EMMA have agreed to divide the assets in the SAZKA Group

Prague 14 March 2019 - KKCG Group, owned by Karel Komárek, and EMMA Capital, owned by Jiří Šmejc, have successfully concluded negotiations on the split of the assets in the SAZKA Group. The agreement was signed today.

Following the transaction, the KKCG Group will hold 100% of the shares in SAZKA Group and all the shares which SAZKA Group holds in the Sazka Czech, the Greek OPAP, the Italian LOTTOITALIA and the Casinos Austria businesses. These businesses will continue to be associated with the SAZKA Group brand. 

EMMA will receive all the shares in the Croatian sportsbook company SuperSport and will receive financial compensation of several hundred million euros. With this settlement, the existing shareholding ratio of both partners in the SAZKA Group, where KKCG owns 75% of the shares and EMMA Capital the remaining 25%, will be accurately adhered to.

“I am glad that together with Jiří we have managed to build the largest lottery group in Europe. At the same time, this is a great example of two Czech investors cooperating and embarking on a successful international expansion, as we have managed to achieve the return of six times the investment. I am looking forward to working on other projects with EMMA and Jiří Šmejc in the future,” said Karel Komárek.

Jiří Šmejc said:“We consider our collaboration with the SAZKA Group to have been very successful. Since we first decided to bid for the privatisation of the Greek gaming company OPAP back in 2013, we have come a long way with our partners at KKCG, creating one of the largest groups in the European lottery and betting industry. This was an excellent experience and successful working relationship which we will certainly utilise in our future retail investment plans.”

Following the division of the SAZKA Group, both KKCG and EMMA will pursue their own separate investment strategies. There will be no impact on the operation of the individual SAZKA Group companies.

The completion of the transaction is subject to the approval of regulatory and competition authorities in respective countries.


KKCG is an international investment group managing more than EUR 5.2 billion in book value of assets and employing more than 4,000 employees. KKCG holds stakes in such corporations as MND Group, SAZKA Group, AUTOCONT, US Methanol, FISCHER Group, Conectart, DataSpring, SafeDX, Springtide Ventures and others. KKCG operates in 18 countries worldwide.


EMMA CAPITAL is an investment group that specialises in foreign markets. Most of its activities focus on retail. The strategy usually pursued by EMMA Capital is taking active participation in the companies in which EMMA acquires an ownership interest. The EMMA financial group was founded in 2012 at the initiative of its sole shareholder Jiří Šmejc.EMMA is also a minority shareholder of Home Credit Group, with Jiří Šmejc as the Chairman of the Board of Directors.

Media Contacts:

Dana Dvořáková 

Corporate Communication Director, KKCG

Vinohradská 230, Prague 10

M +420 602 372 834

T +420 225 010 399

[email protected]


Pavel Zuna

External Relations Manager, EMMA Capital

Thákurova 531/4, Prague 6, 160 00

M +420 602475698

[email protected]


Radek Němeček

IR & PR Manager, SAZKA Group 

Vinohradská 1511/230, Praha 10 

M +420 727 982 885 

[email protected]